It can be said I am very impressed with BK Magazine’s new website. While I am still partial to the web 2.0 visual style, the features simply blow me away. I am hard pressed trying to find another magazine’s website with all these offerings:
- full content from print version on the site, with graphics
- pretty useful feeds. See this and this. Having a feed center page like their sister site would be good too.
- up-to-date event directory
- good use of metadata & taxonomy, even a tag cloud
- good search function, and a live search box on the front page
- User-sumbittable classified section & forum — not very busy, yet
- Not so intrusive Adsense and their own banner ads (with ad module)
Given the chance, I would probably add google map of the places they review, some more community features like star reviews & average rating of restaurant, adding iCal to event calendar (and GCal sync when this module becomes available), oh and a livestyle gadget section. Bangkokian desperately need to equip themselves better than just iPhone!
Did I mention they use Drupal?